I got blood test results

I got blood test results 3 weeks ago. I stopped the drink because my liver was effected bad, no more alcohol for me…!

I have fatty liver disease

My doctor said after 6 months my liver heals back to near normal

8 Likes

Oh dont do beers pedro… ur life is valuable…

Glad if it heals…!!!

4 Likes

I drank way to much 12 pints every second day, I could handle the enjoyment of it, but my liver didn’t, so I had the choice keep drinking and maybe die, or good health and liver recovery so I made the choice of good health and life

3 Likes

I’m glad you have made the decision to stop drinking! We will be here to support you when things get tough.

3 Likes

Ur life is valuable pedro…!!! Holy cow is listening…!!!

3 Likes

cool thanks…I had no choice but to stop, my will power is 100% to resist any temptation I may have along the way

1 Like

thanks mate…! …

I actually had a lot of fear and tension today first time in years

1 Like

Hope it will pass dude…!!!

its not consent tension just little bouts of it, I need to unwind a bit, gonna take my zyprexa now, it will work

1 Like

Try milk thistle.
very helpful for fatty liver but sometimes interaction with APs
I had fatty liver grade 1 and now it’s OK

1 Like

Good for you @san_pedro! :slight_smile:
We are rooting for you!

1 Like

its great to know, the liver can heal back, im due a another blood test in 3 weeks, also google is great for info on it

1 Like

sometimes sonography is also needed
hope you’ll get better soon

1 Like

@san_pedro good luck :four_leaf_clover: not drinking. You won’t need luck cuz you already got luck since you’re Irish! But if you ever need help there’s AA and meds that can reduce cravings. I’m on one.

1 Like

thanks wave, its good to share my story here it might be benifical for others too

4 Likes

It’s awesome that you’re quitting alcohol. You can do it! Your life will get better in many ways.

4 Likes

@san_pedro I gave up all alcohol, even light social drinks, last year. I feel much more healthy now. I have a lot more energy, and I can always make sure my friends stay safe at parties. Everyone is grateful to me for being able to drive.

2 Likes

im thinking much clearer and feel fresh every morning, I haven’t been tempted to drink, the benefits of being and staying sober out weigh by far the beer goggles feelings of alcohol

5 Likes

Quitting alcohol was close second probably the best thing I ever did next to taking my meds.

3 Likes