I feel stupid - Abilify?

I gues I meant pre-psychotic. I tend to call that manic, for some reason, it’s my pet name for pre-psychosys. :smile: I’m not bipolar either, but I don’t really see the difference between that period of time where psychosys starts to dawn on me and an actual manic episode. They are both dopamine induced, they are both prone to agitation and loose thinking, they are both very pleasant to the brain, for some reason. Mind you, I’ve never had hallucinations either, so my SZ is a bit ellusive, I’ve spent 10 years trying to get a diagnosys. So yeah. Erase manic epissodes and place in pre-psychotic states.

1 Like

You souldn’t really preoccupy yourself with how smart you are while you are fighting an episode. No one is going to give you grades and pplause for being smart right now. Just make sure you get in remission ok, diminish the dose when you are ready and your pdoc says it’s allright, and you’ll be fine.

I guess you cannot have the cake and eat it at the same time. You can’t fight your brain’s errors and have it work properly in the same blow. Wait patiently for remission is my advice. You know there’s a silver lining over there :smile:

1 Like

Mainly cognitive. Short term memory and like you said it gets difficult to think.

It’s the side-effect most likely. It’s my first AP. I remember I couldn’t read an analog clock while on it. I don’t know how it progressed though after a month.

when I was put on Risperdal in the beginning, I was being stupide all the time. as now I am used to this medication, my thoughts are smart, and now when I look back what things I said and done, I feel ashamed.

Antipsychotics, especially Risperdal are extremely powerful mind sleeping medications.
As I went under the 2mg mark of Risperdal, I am adjusting to my new reality with a mind that is more awake and alert - I am not psychotic, it’s just that I am adjusting to a less medicated mind.
My creativity and imagination are returning - this is a good and bad thing for me, as my imagination can take me to some pretty scary places

1 Like

I told my pdoc today thet I have bad memory and feel stupid. She said I was on a lot of medication and that is not a strange reaction to that.

1 Like