I feel horrible

I stopped by my moms house for lunch today.

I was playing with her little yorkie dog who loves me a lot and I love him a lot

We were playing fetch with one of his toys. I went to throw the toy as he was half way down the hallway waiting and I threw it way to low and hit him right in his eye :pensive::pensive:

He cried for half a second, ran to my mom on the couch and just stared at me. I feel so bad I wanna cry.

He seemed okay soon after, i just hope he knows it was an accident and that I love him a lot.

I made sure to give him belly rubs, pets and kisses after. He did lick my face back.

11 Likes

In time the dog will heal and come to forgive you for what you have done

4 Likes

Yea… he will come around. Just don’t hurt him again tho…

4 Likes

He pretty much did come around almost immediatly after it happened. He was licking my face. I know he loves me, I just hope he knows I love him

6 Likes

It happens. It wasn’t intentional, the dog is okay, and you will be forgiven.

:hugs:

4 Likes

Thanks man :heart:

2 Likes

I had this exact thing(except we were outside) happen when Maggie was young. She got nervous whenever I picked up her ball for awhile, but thats about it. She got over it.

5 Likes

dogs are pretty understanding. like one time i was entering the house and accidently closed the door on my dogs tail. i felt bad about it and he looked shock for a few seconds but shook it off. they may avoid something that caused pain but the amount of time for them to forgive varies, they know it wasnt on purpose. i had a small dog in the past and he had a habit of laying in front of doors at night and multiple times ive heard him yelp from foot being stepped on when my mom gets up in middle of night. he still loved her more than anyone and after the initial event they may seem fearful but they dont hold a grudge for accidents

4 Likes

Yeah. If he licked you back he forgave you

2 Likes

He still loves you @TheCanuk
Dogs are very forgiving

2 Likes

Thanks guys. I know he still loves me. Thats not what im worried about. Im worried that he thinks that I dont love him back.

Im going back over there on Thursday I think. Will give him lots of love.

2 Likes

Dogs have incredible intuition. He knows you love him.

Bug extra love and attention is always a good thing. Have at it!

2 Likes

There’s noone more loving that a dog. They say happiness is good health and a bad memory. Maybe that’s why they’re so happy.

3 Likes

Thank you CoCo, I needed to hear that. I feel better now.

3 Likes

If he’s well cared for and gets plenty of attention, he knows he’s loved. Yes, even if an accident happened. Besides, dogs don’t think quite like we do. He’s probably already forgotten it; his cute doggy mind has other things to worry about things like more belly rubs.

2 Likes

You make good points. Thank you!

3 Likes

Dogs forgive super easily. I was worried whenever I stepped on my cat’s tail. I felt like it took her 2 hours to forgive me which was like an eternity in animal time.

3 Likes

Hey forum members. Im at my moms, giving her yorkie dog lots of love. We’ve been playing lots and I made sure not to throw his toy low so we dont have a repeat of last time.

Im fine now.

Have a good day everyone.

4 Likes