I can’t deal with the public anymore!

I went to get my blood drawn this morning and I had a hard time expressing any kind of emotion to the phlebotomist

I later went to the bank and I couldn’t express myself properly

I then swung over to the post office and I had trouble dealing with the postal clerk

This is a real concern of mine lately, dealing with the public or for that matter trying to interact adequately with certain family members!

When I got home I had to take some Klonopin.

I was drained.

I may bring it up with my new psychiatrist but there’s no meds that specifically addresses social awkwardness

I’m very stressed out!

5 Likes

I think the more time I isolate from people the worse my interaction skills become.

My words get jumbled and I make no sense trying to ease the situation.

2 Likes

Is it just from lack of practice?

2 Likes

You could be out of practice, but if you are constantly ‘fumbling to find the right words’…you should bring that up with your Doctor.

1 Like

Yeah could be some lack of practice but to be honest I haven’t been feeling great mood wise lately.
I’ve been mildly cycling everyday the past 5 days @everhopeful

1 Like

If you are stressing and your mind is racing it may be difficult to come up with words, as well. Were you anxious in any of these situations?

Maybe a freezeup similar to, but to a lesser degree than, stage fright?

1 Like

I need constant practice to be able to perform lol

I seem to forget pretty quickly

1 Like

was the problem that you couldn’t get what you needed or was the problem that you felt embarrased or awkward? cause the second one is easier to change

1 Like

I have problems with most people and public too.
I isolate and avoid specially certain people that don’t treat me right etc

Hope you feel better soon @Wave :pray:t4::tulip:

1 Like

Thanks @SacredNeigh7 and everyone.
What I should have done was take my Klonopin dose before I stepped out of the house this morning.

I kind of zone out in public if I don’t take the Klonopin

It’s happened before a few times now

2 Likes

Generally speaking the public in my experience
are total ■■■■■■■■. So I wouldn’t be so hard on yourself.

3 Likes

Only about 85% of them.

2 Likes