I bought a beginner's physics book!

I’ve read some of it. It could be read by a fifth grader. It is cool. Maybe I can get a book of world history for kids too?

7 Likes

But it might not make me any different.

3 Likes

It’s a good idea start with basics and take it from there.

2 Likes

I was never into physics. I like watching the stars and the moon but there it ends.

I was good at it though in high school because I’m good at math.

1 Like

A great beginners book in physics is “Basic Physics: A Self Teaching Guide”

2 Likes

Now you are Einstein

2 Likes

I’m interested in physics. Always was as a kid, I guess that’s why I took physics in HS despite getting an F both semesters. You need trig or precal which covers trig.

But ya, good job. Everyone has to start somewhere. I got books too.

2 Likes

That’s cool @Jinx ! What book is it?

There is nothing wrong with any type of learning. Good on ya, mate.

2 Likes

If you’re looking for physics information without some math I suggest “When Einstein Walked With Godel: Excursions to the Edge of Thought.” It will give you information without math. It won’t give you the mathematical understanding of physics, but you will know some of the facts we have uncovered.

1 Like

You’re welcome lol:

2 Likes

I LOVE this series!

2 Likes

Also, a good source on YouTube for physics is the page “Math and Science.” It has taught me tons.

2 Likes

have you tried udemy? I bought some courses years back. They got good courses on physics and math there.

Enjoyment is all that matters. I did the first year of a physics degree - whilst the subject wasn’t for me. It definitely showed me what physics is, just as this book will for you. And that is oftentimes more than the next person who’s less well read /versed in knowledge.

You have my respect for sure

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.