I asked a teacher I had in primary school for WhatsApp after a long talk, was I good or was I bad?

We met on the street and started talking. She told me that she remembered me and I told her the same. We had a lot of empathy with each other. But she was my primary school teacher, she is approximately 10 years older than me. Was I right to ask her for whatsapp? She passed it to me, don’t I look like a misplaced person?

1 Like

Primary school you must have been 12 years old and she was your teacher fresh out of 4 year program at college.

1 Like

She must be 45 or 46. I am 31. She asked if I had a girlfriend and I asked her if she was married and she told me she was divorced. Do you think it’s inappropriate for me to have a romantic relationship with her?

2 Likes

Not really inappropriate.

2 Likes

Nah…not inappropriate to have a relationship with her at this point. If she was still actually teaching you, yeah, but you guys are both adults now.

1 Like

Strange but I won’t judge.

2 Likes

I met a cook who still works at my primary school , we had a chat and he told me I was a great kid the most kindhearted he had ever seen and the way I didn’t really fit in and I was a weird geek . It made me feel happy I haven’t let this disease change me I am still that little kid

1 Like

10 years isnt a big deal. I am close friends with two people who are 10 years older than me and it doesn’t really affect us at all. 30s to 40s is very similar lifestyles.

1 Like

Moved to The Lounge as this is not a health or recovery related topic and is general banter.

v.

1 Like

No offence but I think you misunderstand what that word means.

No offence, but it means lively and animated discussion in my country. I have had a long day and I do know how the suspend button works very well if you feel like pushing things.

v.

Someone asking about whether a relationship is age appropriate is not banter. Banter means to tease or playfully make fun of.

I don’t know why you are taking this personally.

People are putting things into categories where they do not fit and they are being moved to categories where they fit better. The meaning of banter has shifted where I live to the definition I have provided. If you have a problem with moderating decisions then PM the moderator per the rules.

I was never arguing with your decision to start with.

What makes you think she wants a romantic relationship with you?

I think y’all are overthinking this whole thing

Because during the conversation she asked me questions such as if I was in a relationship, what I did for a job, my age. It was a very ‘‘informal’’ conversation. We connect very well. I plan to talk to her today or tomorrow so she can add me.
I’m not 100% sure she wants to have anything with me. But she gave me the impression that yes.

2 Likes

I would probably feel too weird knowing they knew me as a child . But I don’t think the ten year gap is weird at your age

1 Like

Maybe she was just curious. Maybe you’re right though.

2 Likes

I’m nervous, I finally asked her out for coffee and she accepted. I do not know what will happen.

2 Likes