I am leaving a job in a bookstore

So, as they want me to move to an other bookstore… it’s literally a bit too fat away from my home. An hour and more by bus…
So I decided I am leaving.
Feeling both sad and happy because of it.
Now I will look for another job

5 Likes

You can ask a hike or someone else to be sent.

You sure you are quitting ?

1 Like

Very sure… money is not good here, and if I would need to go even further with bus… just nonsensical
Overall, it’s not my dream job. Not even a very likeable one.
Ofc there were good moments here, but… @X_Y_Z

2 Likes

I’m sorry you have to leave your job and the money wasn’t good. I hope you can get a better job soon!

1 Like

Big big thanks… @Lostboy
I am just worrying last days a lot that I am not good enough. :frowning: I started feeling like no job will suit me.

1 Like

I’m sure you’re good enough and there’s a job for you. I feel the same way about myself, not sure what to do for work.

1 Like

It takes time to understand what suits us best… I have several skills, but I am quite not sure on how to use them.

Overall sometimes I wonder how good it would be if I was a genius; sadly I am not :sweat_smile:
And… I am sure you will find what’s best for you. Just keep trying :blue_heart:

1 Like

I hope you find something you like, soon. :smile_cat::smile_cat::smile_cat:

2 Likes

Didn’t you study journalism?

Maybe you can apply for an internship at a local newspaper? Just thinking out loud.

What type of job are you aiming for. Time to make a gameplan!

4 Likes

This is exactly what Amazon did to me when I asked for accommodations.

1 Like

I literally feel worthless at the moment. My parents try to calm down me, but…

Like, nothing comes to me easy.

I remember when I was doing internship and the ladies I worked together said I probably wouldn’t be able to work in an office. Ever.
Now, this. They dump me and are moving me to another bookstore.

So the only choice was to leave bookstore and look for another job. And I believe, I will be again unsuccessful

I feel like I am incapable of so many things… either I am stupid or really ill, just maybe I lack insight.

Sorry for this negativity, but I just can’t

1 Like

If you can’t you could also just study your studies for the time being.

Is that financially doable?

1 Like

I’m sorry about the changes @HyperactiveNectar but you know yourself best.

Yeah one hour is too far imo

Good luck with everything!

2 Likes

I believe it’s doable. I will try to finish the studies and then study masters degree. Then maybe, just maybe I could find a job connected to journalism. But I feel like I am either too stupid to do this, or my head is not working correctly…

1 Like

Big thanks to you @Wave :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think in the long run work ethic and motivation are more important than intelligence.

If you are passionate about journalism and keep working hard to get better you will get there.

That’s my opinion.

1 Like

That is a long way. It’s too bad.

Bookstore seems to be in writing related work but it really isnt. Its just retail. Retail basically sucks. Try to find a job in something more useful, you will be more proud of yourself.