I am going to try and start reading again

Don’t care if it triggers me, but I am going to read the first three Dune books now I have seen the second part of the movie.

Did not want to ruin the film adaptation by looking for answers to the first movie.

Now I have seen it, I want to know everything I can about the universe.

Probably will not read all the books in the series, but the first three I definitely want to

I have not read a book cover to cover since graduating in 2013.

That’s nearly 11 years ago.

It’s feeding my delusions, but I am going to have to rip off the plaster as they say.

6 Likes

I haven’t read for around a year. I want to read again. I might start with a couple of pages then build it up. I’ve got a book about 9.11 I might read. Good luck with your reading also

1 Like

Thank you @shellys12 I hope you can too.

I had issues when I studied as my mind was uncontrollably visualising the words on the page and the lines of reality got very blurry to say the least.

But I am at the point now where I need to embrace it, rather than run away scared avoiding the richness of imagination and fiction

1 Like

Dune is going to be a trilogy, and the final movie is the second Dune book. So just FYI, you might not want to spoil the third movie by reading the second book. I really loved the first book, but had mixed thoughts on Dune Messiah, the second book.

1 Like

I am not sure I can hold back the curiosity if what is written.

Not going to say any spoilers, but I think it should be ok.

Can’t wait another 2/3 years for another movie.

Be a goos opportunity to try and start reading again for pleasure

3 Likes

Same bro, I can’t wait to watch part two of Dune.

1 Like

Just start out reading a few pages a day to a chapter
I just finished reading a good viking book series then I started another series read about half the book then sort of stopped reading

1 Like

Oh my goodness, me too. You and I have a lot in common, between other threads and this one.

I can’t even read physical books because I get delusional about printed words and power I assign to them that they don’t really have.

I have to use e-reading.

I’m all for reading the series before the movie comes out too! :slight_smile:

Been seeing ‘try and’ a lot. I think it is supposed to be ‘try to’.

I am going to 1) try

2 )read