I am a narcissist

I watched this channel on some videos about parental abuse, which I have received in my life.

Then I watched these videos on schizophrenia and narcissism, and followed through to see if I am a narcissist:

I must admit that I am:
(It takes 5 points to be a narcissist)

• A grandiose sense of self-importance (exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
  • Preoccupation with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
  • Believing that they are “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
  • Requiring excessive admiration
  • A sense of entitlement (unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with their expectations)
  • Being interpersonally exploitative (taking advantage of others to achieve their own ends)
  • Lacking empathy (unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others)
  • Often being envious of others or believing that others are envious of them
  • Showing arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

I am glad that I know I am one, and so I can receive help from both the abuse (which may be cPTSD) and my own traits of narcissism. That combined with whatever neurological problems I have, which may be correlated to the emotional side of the brain.

I had to realize that I am a narcissist, in order to try to trust people again, and receive help. Which I will hopefully find in the near future.

I ask that @moderator seal this post from comments, but leave it for people it may help.

2 Likes