How to avoid psychosis?

Me n psychiatrist not seeing eye to eye. He doesn’t want to prescribe me anything cause I can never take it like it’s supposed to be, everyday.

I have this deep-rooted fear that I don’t function well off them because was on for so long and never properly tapered off. Rather than taper me off he expects me to just stop them.

Pretty scary stuff, any tips how to stay sane?

1 Like

Try to sleep as much as possible. That helps me.

Keep stress low would be another tip.

depends how many pulls u have. if he doesnt wanna prescribe u could taper urself. id try to convince him for a couple more months of medication. then u could probably taper that out over 4-6 months.

1 Like

You may want to ask your psychiatrist for a long-acting injectable antipsychotic.

5 Likes

This. Also, manage stress, good diet, moderate exercise at least, and therapy if you can. Always take meds as directed even if you don’t like it. Or suffer the consequences.

2 Likes

Injectable would be good they are designed to taper themselves

1 Like

Good tips about sleep n stress, I guess I struggle with those obvously.

I’ve been trying to do this for awhile, no luck.

1 Like

Sorry but I don’t know if I understood your problem. Do you have problems tolerating the antipsychotic? You can’t stand it?

Look for a different doc. If you can. Making someone quit cold turkey is dangerous.

1 Like

@Nirvana yes I think so

@anon21280033 I’ve also tried finding a new one, no luck there either. I’m locked in with this guy and he doesn’t seem to have regard for taking me off since I don’t either. Pretty ironic.

If you are making your health a business, you would take a smaller dose every day. Taking meds every other day sounds like a game, not a business. imo.

Avoid the doctor. You can’t know you’re crazy if he doesn’t diagnose you :thinking:

1 Like

How to avoid psychosis?

I would make a hard left.

1 Like

Take yer meds !

2 Likes