How should I deal

with my Truman Show delusion, other than proving it false to myself/convincing myself it’s not real?

Belongs in unusual beliefs. Moving.

1 Like

For me, there seems to usually be two steps to coming out of psychosis. I do not know if these are the same things required for you.

The first step seems to be being properly medicated so that you are not seeing so many false connections and signs.

The second step is to work your way out of the false beliefs themselves. People tend to work themselves into a certain way of thinking over time. I had to break those beliefs and patterns. I don’t know what that would entail for you. Maybe, as you said, “proving it false to myself/convincing myself it’s not real” is one. Maybe bouncing your thoughts off others as a reality check is another. Maybe talking to others about it in general as you are now. Maybe all 3. Maybe more.

I dont have the definitive answers for you specifically. Its a rough thing to solve.

Thats about all I have for you atm.

Edit: You also might want to include more formal techniques such as @shutterbug 's CBT to help as well. I know yours is stubborn.

2 Likes

You think your being watched and recorded right?

Dont you think thats a bit arrogant? What makes you so special? Its almost a delusion of Grandeur.

Just accept no one gives a toss about what your doing in the privacy of your own home and relax.

2 Likes