How severe is your illness [Poll]

How severe is your illness on medication.

• Very severe -I can not function
  • Pretty bad -But I still manage to do some stuff
  • Mild -I have ups and downs and some symptoms usually
  • Few symptoms -Almost impossible to tell I am sick

0 voters

Pretty bad but I manage to do some stuff.
My OCD and bipolar symptoms are pretty severe.

3 Likes

I do ok on medication. If I went off my meds I would be in big trouble, though; I would end up dead (suicide) or in a hospital very quickly.

1 Like

I have my own apartment, car, do groceries, ADLs, see family a couple times a week. Somewhere in between pretty bad and very severe. My pdoc always says i’m doing really good for someone with sz.

2 Likes

how so? I don’t get it. By pretty severe, I meant dysfunctional and dependant on others mainly. I am pretty severely ill during a relapse I can almost do nothing.

My illness used to be really severe for a lot of years and only a small dosage of antipsychotic made me almost completely cured. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

As long as stress is avoided and I’m not having negative symptoms I’m pretty high functioning.

2 Likes

Disability benefits. My parents help financially a little too. I thought u worked last year? that’s pretty functional.

Oh during relapse u r bad, nvm.

my illness was horrifying. At one point, I thought I was dead. It was a trauma. I am still recovering from PTSD. I am in no way able to work for someone right now. Some days I can not do much. But i dream, you know? I have so much to be grateful for and I have a freelance career too but I still dream. I love being successful maybe that is what drives me. I was in no way able to work a full time job, but I did and it was a lesson I suppose. I make myself functional on most days.

I am alive and here so better do whatever I can anytime I can.

4 Likes

Ongoing… I can work full time.

2 Likes

I voted “pretty bad but i can still do some stuff”. Maybe I’ll improve on abilify 15mg though. We’ll see.

2 Likes

Off medication I would not survive.

3 Likes

Between pretty bad and very bad, so simply bad :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t have any ups. No mood swings here just prominent negatives but I can function on medication and with 10 hours of sleep per night with no stress.

Ramp up the stress or no sleep and things get pretty bad.

1 Like

Before being cured by the antipsychotic, I was on my way to die young!:open_mouth:

1 Like

Have you considered Geodon or you do not want to change the med?
Abilify made me like a lazy balloon.

I am very happy to report to my pdoc, every three months, that I am doing very well. I can tell that he is quite pleased. My mood is content, my delusions don’t bother me, I don’t hallucinate anymore, I’m not paranoid anymore, and my anxiety is minimal. I’m quite pleased.

3 Likes

When I was on risperidone and Zoloft I had literally no symptoms and for the first time in my life experienced life like a regular person would. It was wild.

Aaaand then I had to go off them bc the side effects wrecked my body. Ah well. Geodon and Wellbutrin seem to be helping out but since raising my Wellbutrin dose I am getting mild symptoms i.e. visual hallucinations & some voices. (Actually one voice, Superego, she’s just been directing me what to do all day. It’s actually been helpful and she’s not usually helpful usually she just berates me for not being morally perfect)

3 Likes

I am sorry @Anna Hope you find what will work for you. I am quite well on Geodon + Wellbutrin right now. I guess I need to up the dose of Geodon :thinking: I might but gonna take time to decide.

1 Like