How many of us are preemies?

How many of us here were born early? I was expected n Jan 21, but was born Nov 1. Another sz friend was born roughly the same way.

So just wondering if there were a large number of former preemies here and if there’s been a lot of research into sz and premature birth. Interesting to see how many of us are in one place

1 Like

I’m not a preemie, but I’m interested to see how this plays out. I look forward to reading the responses.

1 Like

I was only a month early or so. But my mom endured alot of illness, also drank ,smoked and did some drugs.

1 Like

Yo. Only time in my life I showed up early.

2 Likes

All my babies are preemies except for one. So I guess my babies are screwed…:confused:

Don’t worry, @anon78876561. It’s just a theory, no research has been done on it as far as we know, and therefore, there is no proven correlation or connection of any kind. So your kids could be fine! I’m not worried about my son (1 month early); I think he’ll do just fine.

1 Like

Yes, don’t worry @anon78876561. Was just something I wondered about!

1 Like

I’m not that worried that they will get it. I actually have heard that babies born in the spring time are more likely to have a mental illness. Weird, huh? Guess who is a spring baby? <———-

1 Like

I was born a month late with a full head of curls…haha

3 Likes

I wuv curly headed babies. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

My son was due January 25 and born November 2nd. Very similar to you!

1 Like

Another premmie baby here, only five weeks early.

For starters -

2 Likes

I was expected 1-2 months before I was born. I was a fraternal twin birth. My twin’s doing much better than me in spite of spending time in a incubator. I apparently was breathing OK.

My parents were married Apr 21st 1956 and I was born Jan 15th 1957 . So I wasn’t a preemie.

I wasn’t a preemie, but two of my siblings were premature. Not by much, 2-3 weeks. But they’re fine.
One has mild anxiety and one has battled depression, but both those things are due to life circumstances and bullying, so I don’t think it has anything to do with being preemies

My mom got pregnant at 14 with me, I was almost 5 weeks early, but was 5 pounds 6oz and went home after 5 days. Formula fed, cause mom was a pack a day smoker, as was grama.

Thanks, @firemonkey. I had no clue there was research. That’s scary!

I was early . Around the time Reagan was almost killed.

I was born early…