How long does it take tfor anti psychotics to take affect

im on quetiapine 800mg and also abilify 20mg…ive been on the quetiapine 800 for over a year but added 20mg of abilify 2 days ago…BUT HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO WORK ive heard conflicting reports…some say 4/5 days, others say 2/3 weeks and the others say 6 weeks

how long do i have to wait for the extra abilify to work

I think all your numbers are right.

" How long does aripiprazole take to start working?

It can take a few days, or sometimes a few weeks, for aripiprazole to start helping you. You may not feel the full to effects of the medication for four to six weeks. It’s hard to be exact as aripiprazole works differently for each person."

1 Like

It take abilify 2 weeks to reach a steady state in your body. Then after that you should start to feel something as time goes on.

It took me half a decade to get my meds sorted well enough to regain real function. I also went through a lot of meds with dizzying changes in types and dosages.

1 Like

Hmm. . .

Medications Affect Every Individual Differently.

And Even When The Chemicals Attach Into The Core Of Your System. That Also Takes Time.

To Actually Notice Any Real Change In Perceptive Awareness. Psychological Function And Such.

Patience And Trust In The End Will Serve You Well.

On Your Medical Team. Doctors, Psychologists, Nurses, And All The Rest.

Do Some Research On Official Clinical Studies. Say, Official Government Papers Online.

For There Are Many Valuable Resources Available That Are Easy To Discover.

Good Luck!.