How long do you have disability?

On what they base your pay amount? Why some receive more than others? I know refugees who are on disability.

1 Like

I think itā€™s different here in the States compared to Canada.
Iā€™m on SSDI disability so my disability payments are based on how many years I was working when I was employed.

2 Likes

I worked up until I was 30 in 2020.

2 Likes

I guess itā€™s been about 9 years this time. Iā€™ve been reviewed once about 7 years ago.

1 Like

Close 2 5 years now, not proud of it but whatever.

1 Like

Well I just verified and my employment insurance ends this month meaning that my last work will stop paying me. Iā€™ll have to apply for disability but I donā€™t want to. I want to try to get back to work for at least 6 months and do the same employment insurance thing. I donā€™t think I can work on my current meds though.

3 Likes

They didnā€™t review me for seven years. Probably because 5 years ago I was calling my pdoc many times a day. The secretary got pissed at me too for not utilizing other help.

I donā€™t know if it will be a year now or another seven until my next review. Been on it for 9 years now.

3 Likes

Had my review last november 2020 and got it for another 6 years. And surprisingly they increased my payments to enhanced rate PIP. I think the assessor was in a good mood.

Im still always skint tho lol.

1 Like

I am on disability since 2013. So more than 8 years now. I get a review every couple of years as they still believe I could get better.

1 Like

i am on disability indefinitely alsoā€¦ i used to have to go to checkups to get it renewed but the last doc i saw noted that i shouldnā€™t go to checkups anymore because itā€™s chronic.

1 Like

Iā€™m down as chronic so Iā€™m on it indefinitely too. Been on disability since I was 17. Iā€™m now nearly 36.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.