How long do you have disability?

And What you gonna do when it ends?

1 Like

I have til 2023

I’m on disability @Yellowdiamond but what do you mean by it ending?

1 Like

I mean some are on some years, some longer.

I’m on it indefinitely

1 Like

I have only been on disability a little over a year. I hear that they may have a review in 3 years. I don’t know for sure when though because I have not been on it that long. I don’t think mine will end unless for some reason they found I had improved enough to work. I don’t see that happening personally.

1 Like

Ok. How does that feel ?

It is what it is.

1 Like

Do you get reviewed every few years Wave? I have not been on it that long.

1 Like

I got reviewed once so far, like 3 years ago @Bowens

2 Likes

I think it’s every 5 years or so @Bowens

2 Likes

Ive been reviewed maybe 2 times.

1 Like

Ok, I read that it depends on your likelihood to improve how often they review it. The more likely you are to improve, the more frequently they review your condition, but I was not sure how long between reviews it was for sz’s.

1 Like

Yeah before my last review, I wasn’t reviewed for more than 5 years.
I’m on disability for Schizoaffective disorder.
Maybe it will be more than 5 years.

2 Likes

https://www.disabilitysecrets.com/is-my-case-reviewed-to-keep-getting-benefits.html

2 Likes

That makes me sad. I don’t think the government believes in my ability to improve because I’ve had it for like 7 years and I only remember the initial interview and one review a few years after that.

2 Likes

I am not on disability.

1 Like

It seems that it’s pretty difficult to get on disability if you live in Canada. @Aziz
It’s easier in the States.

2 Likes

I didn’t apply yet, I know 2 schizophrenics who are on disability, though they receive more than what my pdoc told me I would receive.

2 Likes

I have total and permanent disability in the US, and even with that I get reviewed every few years. I get the least amount of money you can get unfortunately.

1 Like