How is the nuclear threat affecting you mentally? (poll)

Yes, I think so. There are a lot of people who suffer more badly than me. And for whom all the stress is just too much. I’ve found it very difficult to deal with the world troubles, but I’m standing again/still. I pray for the people who can’t deal with it.

2 Likes

I’m very concerned. During the Cold War the U.S. and U.S.S.R. had roughly 25,000 nuclear warheads a piece. Now that number is much smaller, but the triggers for nuclear war are more sensitive now. Both sides could easily destroy the other with 1,000 nuclear warheads. It scares me. I hope things end peacefully. Chemical weapons are a wild card in this hand. Things can go wrong.

1 Like

I kind of think covid is a biological (germ) warfare era, they don’t need bombs when they have tiny germs they can play with, they have unravelled dna and probably will probably be able to target specific dna types already. germ warfare is more dangerous than Nukes.

You are getting yourself all worked up.

You need to calm down and distract yourself with something.

1 Like

Uhm…huh?! I was flagged. What did I say wrong?

I used the word God. But this was a general rhyme that people - even atheists - use here. Not an attempt to evangelize. It’s not religious, it’s a standard old-grannies-rhyme.

you want to hide the truth and pretend everything is fine then you are not facing up to reality and reality is a good thing to cling on to with this illness, it just happens that todays reality is somewhat of a nightmare (if you let it be) should we live oblivous to all the bad in the world? what is the point of that? out of sight is not always necessarily out of mind.

Look, the Christians all flag anything that is quoted from Buddhists, so it’s only fair.

Please refer to the rules when discussing mod decisions.

I wasn’t talking to you.

1 Like

Again. Read. The. Rules.

Stop arguing.

@anon4136120 just leave it or they’ll shut the thread, they have all the power

here is a songs i am listening to atm

2 Likes

This is what is being referred to

Edit: Oops, guess im too late.

Classic tune makes sense

love this as well :slight_smile: seems pertinent for the way things are right now.

Who knows? It might.

1 Like

Just follow the rules and you won’t get suspended.
It’s that simple.
I have strong opinions - but value being here more.

2 Likes

this is off topic lol

1 Like

modern technology is affecting my mentality. I’ve been around it for almost 40 years. lately i’ve been thinking about “murdering” all my hard drives with strong magnets.

Murdering is such a strong word, i have had thoughts about murdering people myself but i would never do it, i get angry and upset but the feeling passes,

Sounds like a bit of paranoia though maybe talk to your pdoc about it, if you really have a hard time it might be better to use a library computer as a suggestion.

This professor at college said that among astronomers there is a theory that shortly after life develops in the universe it destroys itself with nuclear weapons. Interesting and scary. The best way to stop that is through that dismal mantra, “mutually assured destruction”.

2 Likes

A Sociopathic leader thirsty for power pushed into a corner will do anything.

If they fall - they wouldn’t hesitate to take down everything with them.

Its out of my control, why should i be worried about it. I put enough bad karma on me and i am not even responsible for our armed police,
just a citizen eating meat, consume and cause unbiodegradeble garbage.