How growing up in the 1970's was different from growing up in the 2020's

When I was a kid, mint chocolate chip ice cream used to be green. Now it’s white.

11 Likes

Soft drinks and such had flavors. Now drinks have colors! I’ll have the blue powerade please. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is a big difference. And one that is likely to shape the very fabric of a persons being.

2 Likes

I know!

abbbbnnnmmmm

1 Like

Trying to think of something about the seventies I didn’t eventually hate outside of select musical groups.

Nope, can’t do it.

1 Like

It was about the mid seventies that the sexual revolution began. About 1975 magazines like Penthouse started showing full frontal nudity. Things took off from there. … The acid wave finally died out in the early seventies. Before that everyone was seeking enlightenment by doing LSD. The Grateful Dead did a song about that called “Estimated Prophet”. In 1973 America pulled the last of its troops out of Vietnam, and that chapter in history came to a close. I think it was in 1975 that Saigon fell, and the Vietnamese “boat people” desperately tried to get out before the communists took over. People stopped doing acid and started taking Qualuuds and Seconal - sedative hypnotics. About 1976 Colombian marijuana started to reach Oklahoma - much more powerful than the Mexican weed we had been getting. In 1977 I joined the army, but that is another story.

1 Like

i wasn’t born in the 70s… born on 1980

1 Like

I was born in 1973 but don’t remember much of the 70’s. I mostly “grew up” in the 80’s.

2 Likes

In the 70’s, sour cream & onion potato chips actually used to taste like sour cream & onions.

Now they taste like cardboard.

1 Like

I’m so glad I grew up with the internet.

2 Likes

Bubble plastic :persevere:

1 Like

I remember all those products!
I used to wear Musk!
It was very hip to do so! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

pop rocks city hi Dr Zen Here i was born in the 60’s

2 Likes

I was born in 1964 @DrZen!

1 Like

the year was 1963 and my mom came home from germany at a us base drove to her folks and had me at kismont ks on a farm

2 Likes

Men had sexy long hair
Now soooo bored of these stupid beards
Hair all in the wrong places lol

1 Like

There were also ice cream names like screwball and then a bit later 2 ball screwball
Don’t think that would be okay these days

What in the Hell.

You sound like my brother
Who was 6 at the time.

In 1970 I was eleven years old.

I was born in 1978. This thread reminds of Chillie Willies. They are pop cicles. Does anybody remimber Chillie Willies? Chillie Willies came out in the 80’s, but I’m not sure.