Hitting a low point

Truck broke down 2 days ago. Yesterday my car tires gave up on life. Clothes dryer broke down today. I have to work all alone for the next 4 days in a row and I am terrified of it. I just want to cry.

i’m sorry @samples32 that is an awful lot to go wrong. Hope you get to feeling better.

1 Like

Maybe I am not fit to work. Maybe I should just petition for disability.

I’m sorry as well samples. Hope you pull through that! That’s not much, but I can’t do much from here.

1 Like

If you go under coupons.com they may be discount on getting all 4 tires done, including a rebate for up to $150, or go to the Midas website and look for coupons. Never pay for tires full price.

You can always install a cheap clothes line. I hang clothes out all summer, and then slowly save money until the winter when you really need one.

Can you have your phone at work? Maybe try a book online, you can check them out through the library with a library card, free, and fun. I do digital young adult, because you can read them in one sitting, usually about 3 to 4 hours.

1 Like

I already fixed the tires, though we can’t afford it.

I am going to run a line.

I cannot read at work. I have to bake over 500 loaves of bread.

Not a bad idea… but do they have Craigslist where you live? Those rich wimmin dump their perfectly functional dryers whenever they get a redecorating jones.

1 Like

sending you a rainbow :rainbow:
take care :alien:

1 Like

Well, my dryer might be an easy fix… just a belt I think. I would rather hang a line and try to fix it first.

So go ahead and cry. Get it out of your system. Crying is cathartic and relieves stress. It’s a release. I don’t know what to tell you about your work except to say that in 1982 I spent 8 months locked up in a psychiatric hospital. I was totally incapacitated and non-functional. I got out and 9 months later I got a job.

I stayed there four years even with a bad crack addiction. But I had strong intense symptoms. Every day was a new form of craziness. Bad, bad, symptoms. And I was on the highest dose of prolixen (an older anti-psychotic) that they could prescribe. I was very sedated and very ill. But I did it anyway.

I guess I was scared. I’m so used to being frightened that its second nature to me and I do a lot of stuff without realizing I am frightened out of my mind. Yeah, it’s possible to work while symptomatic. I’ve done it most of my life. Sometimes you have to just take it one day at a time, or one minute at a time and forget the future(and sometimes you have to forget the past).

Bake that bread, shovel that dough. You’ll get a nice paycheck and you can laugh all the way to the bank. Working can be tough but fun.

If you quit at least you have the satisfaction of knowing that you gave it your best try. Good luck.

3 Likes

Good activity fixes, too. (Fresh air, and all that.) (Hopefully.)

1 Like

I try to keep my cool… but when stuff like that happen… just one thing after another it really freaks me out. I do fall apart and I don’t handle stuff like that very well.

After I do freak out… I try to look at ways to get everything back on track. At least it’s summer and you can line dry the clothing.

I’m sorry this is hitting you… good luck and I hope everything gets back on track soon.

1 Like