High/medium/low functioning

There are some really symptomatic people who manage to get married, I’m young now but I would like to get married and live independently in the future… Right now I’m just trying to finish school, and finding it difficult.

1 Like

My functioning goes back andforth from medium to very low. I have bad self care, dont like talking or interacting with people for the most part, cant really feel much, and have trouble understanding and talking and thinking.

1 Like

Im in a committed and good relationship even with pretty shitty symptoms. She makes me complete and feel better alot

1 Like

I will get back to this thread with my exam results on Tuesday.

1 Like

I’m highly functional when it comes to avoiding the deep end, but very low functioning when it comes to work and the basics of taking care of myself.

what was ur xams about …!!! u are such a high functional…!!! I just hate u …!!!

I’m fortunate enough to be high-functioning. I’m able to work 5-6 days/week at demanding jobs, have a few friends, a dog and cat that I care for, and my own apartment. I still have problems, but I’m able to make do. My self-care is not 100%, like my apt being a total mess at all times, didn’t shower today since I didn’t have to work, and I have a bad habit of brushing my teeth only once a day. I have to force myself to shower on days I work, but I’m able to do that. No gf to speak of, but then I’m not looking either. So yeah, I feel pretty fortunate to be able to do the things I do.

I say high-functioning compared to others with severe MI. I’m slowly learning not to compare myself to mentally healthy people.

2 Likes

I would be high functioning if I could get a job. That is a normie problem though… although I think that me being sz could have potentially cost me a job or two. Since my meds work I worry more about the insomnia than the schizophrenia most of the time.

I’m scared to take an IQ test because it might come back bad. On online IQ test I have scored 135-170 but that genes for good memory test kicked my ass.

Also why isn’t my censor working I guess I will have to self censor from now on.

I am low functioning.

U manage to write in beautiful manner…i am liking that…fire monkey u are genious…

Taking the Level 1 General Insurance Broker exam from these folks next week:

http://www.abcouncil.ab.ca/

Here’s the pass rate:

As you can see, this is a tough exam that eats neurotypicals alive. Most don’t pass on the first try. Fingers crossed…

:blush:

3 Likes

I don’t think it censors the word “ass,” if that’s what you’re referring to. I usually use the word “arse,” on here anyway, because I think that word is more fun. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pretty low functioning…used to be a ultimate high functioning guy drove all around my country on road trips…studying for university…video games…social interactions

Now can’t even brush my teeth without huge effort.

Driving thing of the past.

■■■■ you mental illness taking away higher cognitive functions

4 Likes

I sleep a lot. I do manage to get personal hygiene done pretty well, I just don’t wear makeup. I am trying to get back to at least wearing a foundation with spf or suntan lotion for my face. I did my hair differently yesterday. My main problem is the oversleeping, but that is because I don’t have a job where I’m supposed to show up early on a regular basis. I do okay in social situations, so that’s a plus. I don’t think I have a particularly high IQ. I haven’t ever seen the results of a test, because in my gifted classes they wanted to keep it a secret from students.

I do housework about 3-5 times a week. I would say I am medium to high functioning.

3 Likes

Think how well you function is hard to judge, One has to consider what might be forced on you, I know I work hard, but it’s all I have, the choice is homeless or work, I got lucky and stumbled into something I could do without getting fired and really does not take a lot of skill.
Socially I fail, sure there are those out there that treat me nice on the job, but invites to attend something outside of work I could count on one hand.So they probably know I’m not a normie and prefer not to involve me. Over the years I few people have got closer to me, but I noticed they would come back from their weekend adventure telling me all about it and who was there, yet I was never invited.

In reality I would say over all I really don’t function all that well and when I do it is because my life situation forces me to.

3 Likes

I have a similar situation - work my arse off or be homeless. If I didn’t work, I’ll bet I wouldn’t shower much, kinda have to on work days, and I’ve gotten myself in the habit of showering at the gym. I didn’t go to the gym as planned today, though, so no shower for me.

1 Like

I also have work friends, some of them are fb friends as well, but none of them invite me anywhere. The only things I get invited to are the official work Xmas parties, but everyone at work is invited to those.

1 Like

You can have a high IQ and a crappy memory. I’d recommend taking a more official IQ test rather than just one online though if you want an accurate result. We got tested in school actually a while back. I wonder if I’d get the same score now.

1 Like

I think females with schizophrenia are more likely to meet those milestones than males.

I think that’s interesting point. Who do we compare ourselves to in making a personal assessment of functioning?