High fidelity

Are you a hi fi person?What do you have and are you satisfied? Inputs…

A Marantz receiver
Marantz CD player
Rega planar 3 turntable
Infinity speakers
Bose qc35 bluetooth headphones

I’m satisfied, I’ve had my stereo system for 15 years and I still use it. My headphones I use daily.

I wish I had more money, then I would buy me a new receiver and speakers. It’s not a cheap hobby.

1 Like

Marantz is great, crystal sound.
Receivers are good too…

I have Harman Kardon vxi 640 amp. 2x45w 8ohm
Quadral speakers ql 110 quintas 4 ohm 70w
Input is comp.

1 Like

I have a Harman Kardon receiver with HDMI that I don’t use anymore. 7x 70w speakers Creative brand as their receiver broke.

1 Like

I still buy records on CD and vinyl. Although I mostly buy vinyl. It’s an expensive hobby. Last record I bought was “Cannonball Adderley’s - Somethin’ else”. I listen to all kinds of music ranging from jazz to electronica, rock, psych, blues, reggae you name it.

1 Like

Also a 1000W, 250W RMS Subwoofer. BIC PL200.

1 Like

I used to listen mp3 on amp
Now I have some cd’s, and its different sound.
Unfortunatelly I cant decide whether to buy used cd or wait for some money for new one.
HK amp has noise cancelation, so you cant hear some sounds, like when playing Sgt. Peppers on old Kenwood

1 Like

I still use my dad’s '70s Pioneer turntable and McIntosh pre-amp/amp paired with Bose speakers from the '80s I believe.

1 Like

I would love to see your McIntosh amp. How about a pic?

1 Like

Here you are @Speedy!

2 Likes

Beautiful! I love how McIntosh designs their stuff. Awesome!

2 Likes

Its Great… I love it…

1 Like

My father used to work in his twenties with lamp amps.
I asked him year ago to make me one, but he is to old for that, or he don’t have skills any more.

1 Like

U mean tube amps? I actually haven’t listened to tube amps at higher prices. Now you can save alot of money buying Chinese stuff, I’ve seen some on eBay.

1 Like

My next buy of amps is either cambridge audio, or Revox. Gave up on NAD…
Yes, tube…

1 Like

Why did you give up on nad?

1 Like

Well, my neighbour has one and its no better sound. I thought Nad 326bee…
It has great sound and was best rated amp in 2011.
But often it happens that used nad’s had repairs, and bc they are over the price here…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.