Hi I'm new here

My name is Igor, and I’m a diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic. I’m 32 years old, and have had schizophrenia since I was 17…so 15 years now. I take Prolixin, lithium, and Ativan. I just found this site, and wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Oh, I was also born in Bulgaria!

4 Likes

Hi Igor! Welcome to the forum. :smiley: Hope you enjoy your time here.

2 Likes

hi honey and welcome. xxx

1 Like

Thank you @CarolineC and @jaynebeal . I am recovered for the most part. I occasionally hear voices and have visions, but I also work full time as a Linux sysadmin. I came to the USA when I was 7, and now live near Washington DC.

1 Like

Hi, Igor. Hope you use us a lot. We’re far from perfect but often are just what the doctor ordered lol.

3 Likes

thought i would say hi.
take care

Welcome !
I used to have more experiences than i do now. I also call them visions. mine have been mainly spiritual, not so much the harassing voices a lot of people get.

Welcome to this forum. Hope you will find a lot of helpful information here***

Welcome. I was on prolixen for more than 25 years, after awhile I didn’t even notice the side-effects anymore. Anyway, this is a good place, everybody fits in. I hope it helps you.

1 Like

@77nick77 I am on 40 mg. I have a slight tremor and some restlessness, but the Ativan helps with that. 25 years is a long time. I’ve been on it for around 2 years.

hi, welcome to the site :slight_smile:

nice to meet you igor…welcome

Hello and welcome! :slight_smile:

Welcome! …

Yeah, 40 mg is a high dose. I looked at my chart and I could have sworn it said I was on 120mg daily but people have told me that’s impossible. They say the maximum dose for ANYONE is 60 mg. So I must have been on 60mgs. Whatever it was my psychiatrist told me years later that I was on the second highest dose he had ever heard of. But I eventually tapered down and I ended up on 2 mg. I’m on resperidone now. Anyway, I will see you around. Have a nice night.

Welcome! I hope you’ll like it here. :slight_smile:

Welcome, Igor! I hope you feel at home soon. This site is lovely! By the way, nice avatar - I am a Van Gogh fan :smile:

Hello Igor, Welcome and I hope you like the site.

Hello, and welcome!!!

Hey Welcome @igor - We are a varied bunch of like minded people - I think you will like this site