Hi. Anybody taking perphenazine here?

Hi. Anyone can share your experiences while taking perphenanzine. My doctor suggest to change from olanzapine to perphezine to avoid the weight gain and also EPS while on olanzapine.

You may want to ask @Jayster

2 Likes

One of my Chinese friend has been taken Perphenazine for 9 years. She had EPS and gained some weight during the first 5 years. Then she started to exercise. Now The EPS is gone and she is slim again with only 50 kg.

3 Likes

I take perphenazine and it works very very well for me…the only thing maybe I don’t like about it is that it wears off a little quickly, but you take it three times a day.

1 Like

How long u have been taking it? And how much is the dose? Do have any EPS symptoms and weight gain?

1 Like

And how old are u?

1 Like

I was on perphenazine during 8 years. It’s a good medication but I was very sedated with it.

1 Like

If I remember correctly perphenasine is an old typical ap and it was too strong and made me suicidal. I’m currently taking olanzapine and I’m very pleased.

1 Like

What med are u taking currently?

How did u manage ur weight gain? Do have excessive appetite?

Now I’m taking Abilify.

I didn’t gain weight when I was taking Perphenazine.

I’ve been taking it since last year in July. I take 10 mgs 3 times a day so in total it’s 30mg. I don’t have any EPS symptoms and I take cogentin with it for EPS side effects. I’ve lost weight on this medicine, and I’m in my 20s.

Perphenazine has been a good medication for me . . .

1 Like

I used to have exessive appetite and I weighed 190 lb but I started going to the gym…at first I ran for 30 minutes nonstop twice a week and lost 25 lb in one winter. It was very nice to loose weight. I managed to loose weight cause I lowered my olanzapine from 10 to 7.5 mg. Now I’m taking 10 my a day again but I have no big appetite anymore. So I go to gym once a week and cycle for 15 minutes just to rise my puls… I thought it’s good for metabolism.

my ex wife is on perphenazine and does very well on the med…

perphenazine lowered my appetite (which was bad for me since i already have appetite issues) and made me feel very slow. but it was at least better than what i was on before that (risperidone) - however i had very bad anxiety when i was on it and decided to stop taking it