Have you ever had a proper American hotdog from a stand like somewhere like New York?

I’ve got supermarket hot dogs to munch on while watching Euro 24 on the telly.

3 Likes

What on earth? Y’all got hot dogs in jars? Loool never seen that :hushed::smile:

3 Likes

3 I was.
In New Orleans. On bourbon street down by the dock. They Sold hot dogs. And some other things, I had not a clue. Until I ate them. Call boudin.

2 Likes

Famous Nathans makes my favorite hotdog/chillidog. Love the cheese fries as well

2 Likes

I had hotdogs from a stand, as a child living in San Francisco. They were good . Here in the UK I’ve had the ones that @Magicapple has mentioned and the herta hotdogs . They are OK.

2 Likes

@Magicapple I tried them hotdogs yesterday from Morrisons and they gave me the shites today pretty bad. I think I’m intolerant to processed meat as processed meat plays up with my piles. I had the same in Dalyan, Turkey last month when I have a big meaty kabab, it’s not fun having plies!

1 Like

People didn’t leave very good reviews on the Tesco website either. Maybe their not that great.

1 Like

But the Brooklyn hotdogs are even worse on the Morrisons website with their reviews.

1 Like

I did in the late 90s. I was 19 years old and went with my parents and younger sister who would’ve been 16.

There’s a place called Boulevard Drinks in journal square in Jersey City. I believe they’re rated the number one hot dog in New Jersey. I had it when I was a kid so I’m foggy when it comes to the quality. Man oh man did people hype that place up though.

Yeah Jersey hot dogs are also pretty darn tasty as well!

2 Likes

Me too @Wave, when I visited NYC with my GF a while back. Tasty and part of being a visitor to the city.

1 Like