Have doctors appointment in a week

I rang mental health services, but I am no longer with them. I am not considered an acute case and shouldn’t be with them. They gave me a number to ring. Anyway, the conclusion is I will go to my GPs in a week. They are on holidays so that is the soonest appointment I can get.

I will ask them to prescribe Clopixol injection, which I was on for over two years in the past. They have given me a scripit for it in the past and they should be able to presribe it again. I could go to a private psychiatrist, but it should be able to be done through my GP.

I want to stop Seroquel. Some people may find it acceptable, but I don’t. It makes me feel awful after I take it. Also I was 120kg when I started Seroquel. I am now 146kg. I am really fat and it is hard to walk far distances.

Once I get on Clopixol injection, I want to stop the Seroquel as soon as I can. @zeno @anon35166066 @Joker

4 Likes

Support you 100% buddy!

3 Likes

Where are you from? I can’t believe that they will not give you a pdoc only because you are not an acute case…

2 Likes

I live in Australia. To be honest I would rather do it through the GP anyway. This is how the system works. I was kind of relieved when I heard I didn’t have to deal with the mental health services.

1 Like

Never trust sz, meds may stop working and you may get delusional without realizing.

1 Like

@zeno I am going to stop Seroquel and replace it with Clopixol injection. I will still be on an antipsychotic. The whole time I’ve been on an antipsychotic for over 3 years I have never been delusional really…

2 Likes

yes but it often happens that you develop some tolerance and you need to change dosage or meds.

2 Likes

I find with antipsychotics no tolerance develops. They keep working.

1 Like

Good luck! After a while, I think we know what works best for us more the docs do. Hopefully you can get on your injection and start feeling better.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.