Half life of med

What’s does it mean?

It’s the amount of time it takes the level of the drug in your body to reduce by 50%. 100mg becomes 50mg, then 50mg becomes 25mg and then 12.5mg. Reductions half at a time. I think I heard it takes 5 half lives for a drug to more or less be completely out your system.

2 Likes

So a half life could be two hours, and it could be three days.

Jayster

You are correct jayster!

Say was it Viibryd you have tried in the past?

I don’t know any Viibryd.

Jayster

Someone said abilify lasts for three days… I didn’t take abilify for two days and no problems so far. There is no doubt this is not a disease, this is work of evil life. Hijacking and hacking life.

I’ve been on Trilafon (Perphenazine) for the longest time. Trilafon has a long half life. If I were to stop it and tell no one, I wouldn’t be visible as insane for nearly two months!

Jayster

If you don’t take Geodon twice a day you will get psychotic between doses. The half life is only like 7 hours.

It’s an antidepressant.i know you said you had a good antidepressant once and I’m trying that one.

1 Like

You quit your meds bud?

1 Like

Oh, Okay. I’m currently taking two antidepressants. I take a small dose of Wellbutrin in the morning and a small dose of Trazadone at bedtime.

Jayster

1 Like

Testing phase… third day

@anon93437440 quitting your meds seems like a bad idea, especially if you’re doing so without medical supervision.

I remember you saying your dad’s friend who’s a doctor was prescribing the meds for you. Have you discussed stopping the meds with him?

1 Like

I will keep you updated. I will let you know of my little adventure. I’ve never been hospitalized so I’m not going there but wanna quit meds.

Messing around with your meds isn’t a little adventure. It’s more likely a big mistake.

This reminds me a lot of your previous posts about experimenting with different supplements. Changing supplements is one thing, but changing your AP without medical supervision is a whole other ballgame and a risky one at that.

2 Likes

Moonbeam is right. Talk to your doctor before making those decisions.