Gumbo equipment is in the house!

I got my double handled skillet and my flat wire whisk to make the roux for my gumbo…have to see if I feel like spending the money yet…it would cost about forty dollars…I think I’m going to wait until my bluegrass show in May.

5 Likes

Nice!

I can’t wait to start banjo lessons. :banjo:

4 Likes

I can’t wait to hear when you learn “foggy mountain breakdown” by earl scruggs…probably my favorite song I play on the banjo…I am sending someone else here, (poetic skunk) banjo tablature…if you want some just let me know. @anon1517417

3 Likes

Sweet on the banjo lessons. Are you learning clawhammer or bluegrass or both? I’m starting with bluegrass.

@jukebox

I love me a good gumbo. Never made it and I suppose the canned soup versions don’t do it justice.

3 Likes

I’d like to learn both. I read somewhere that claw hammer is easier to learn, so I thought I might start with that. But I’d like to talk more about it with my teacher, who I’ve got my fingers crossed will be a badass banjo playing folk rock Appalachian chick. But we’ll see. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

good luck to you both !! don’t do the clawhammer, it is harder than tradtl. picking bluegrass…

3 Likes

@anon1517417

See Juke’s above post.

2 Likes

also decided it would be a really good and really cheap meal to make biscuits and gravy in the morning…using my new skillet and flat wire whisk of course…yayyyyy…

1 Like

love shrimp and sausage gumbo.

1 Like

I would like to play the Beverly hillbillies theme on the Banjo.

2 Likes

ballad of jed clampett…know it well…love it …I sing the first part too so it’s real cheesy when I do it…haha

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.