Gonna trial coming off meds

Will see how I get on.

3 Likes

Try? or Trail? every time I go off meds I fail badly

Trial - see how I get on. If it doesn’t work will go back on them.

1 Like

All I can say is do it safely.

Totally. Will take months to come off them.

Are u going off all the medicine. …work with pdoc suggestions. …

1 Like

Hope to try coming off everything. But will have to stagger the reduction.

1 Like

Learn from your mistakes.

2 Likes
2 Likes

You have a habit of getting stable for a few months, then trying to tinker with your meds, then having an episode, then getting back on your meds and swearing you’ll never do it again. Break that cycle.

1 Like

I can’t help but agree with @Ninjastar here, @Jimbob …
What’s gotten into you all of a sudden? Why do you want to discard all your medicine?

I wouldn’t come off meds @Jimbob
You’ve been down this road before with awful results.
Just look back at some of your posts here.

2 Likes

@Jimbob, this set you back so badly when you tried before. You’ve barely had the chance to recover from your last attempt! This really worries me.

1 Like

Be careful jimbob. I last 2 months off of meds, then I start to think like I’m in hell.

Schizophrenia is hell on earth.

Just clickbait or ru actually gonna do this?

Do you feel like ur in remission?

Is not click bait. Am going to do it.

Guys thanks so much for your concern. Means a lot that you are taking an interest.

I really want to at least try coming off meds completely. My weight has doubled since being on meds and these last three years of stable symptoms have coincided with my lowest quality of life. I enjoyed life more when I was ill. I was a lot fitter and had a lot more friends.

I had a dream last night I was on my death bed and was regretting a lifetime on meds. My body is protesting this abuse as is my soul. I am on so many meds that I don’t even know what each one does anymore. I feel like cleaning the slate.

If I come off meds and a year down the line I get really ill I will go back on one. But not as many as now. I have sat back and endured terrible side effects. I feel like I should stick up for my body now. I am a sovereign person and feel I should get a say in my care.

I am not making this decision in a state of high emotion or intoxication. This is a somber, resigned decision. The direction of my care was all wrong and I want to take up the reigns now.

1 Like

Why don’t you swap seroquel for abilify. Abilify helps with negative symptoms. I mean try a med change instead of giving up.

You have to remember you were previously very suicidal before you were on 2 antipsychotics.

Survival is the name of the game.

2 Likes

Thing is. I will never really know if I need meds unless I try coming off them at least once. Right now I have been on psychotropics for 15 years straight. I have forgotten life without them.

I feel I am entitled to try coming off them so I can get a sense of the basal state of my mind. Like I say if a year on I am really ill I will go back on the depot. That is not an issue.

If I keep going on these meds as they are I will be left regretting what if. Right now the weight of that potential regret weighs more than the burden of illness. I need to know if I really need the meds.

The problems I have had coming off the meds has always been the acute withdrawal effects from coming off heavy duty psychotropics. For me these last at least six months. It is easier to resume the meds to get rid of these withdrawals. I have never had an opportunity to assess if any residual psychosis merits neuroleptics.

I havent taken any meds for the past month. Its taken a lot of drinking to get me by