Going through a panic attack

Its interesting whenever i searched this stuff in past years it always leads me to a schizophrenia based site but my diagnosis is still bipolar. Mind you i withheld sharing much of that with my psychiatrist.
Maybe its just less common in bipolar to have as much psychotic symptoms as i did.

I have read about passivity experiences or delusions of control. Note that what the psychiatrists say is happening in these cases is just hypothesis on their part. They don’t fully understand what is happening.

For instance, they would say, if I masturbated eventually, that he masturbated and was deluded that something was controlling him, that is, he wanted to do it. But, that doesn’t explain the resistance that “I” have to the voices for several hours before I am controlled by them. At the least it could be inferred from my actions that I don’t want to do what they are saying. It is just that they can change my will and make me do things I don’t want to do, not that I do things and make sense of them that way that some outside force is controlling me.

You have bipolar? That is strange, I have always heard of delusions of control in a schizophrenia context as well. Are you sure it is not SZA?

1 Like

Yeah my dx is bipolar 1 mixed type with psychosis. Thats what it said on paper.

I know therapists/psych thought i either had schizofreniform or schizophrenia.

My current pdoc says im too high functioning for sza dx.

She deals with a lot of patients you would never find ending up on a forum. Like in and out jail, constant ward stays etc. One guy stole a plane once and some other things i forget.

1 Like

The thing is neither do we lol. Its an educated guess.

2 Likes