Gee, I can remember when there was only one family on the whole block that had a tv

1950 Except for the very poor families, ours seemed to be the last ones in my class to get one - 1957.

1 Like

We were pretty lucky. We were the first family on our block to get a Soviet Murph-6 nuclear warhead. It came in a box of Wheaties. But my dad sold it to my cousin Hussein.

Sigh. I need to sleep

2 Likes

Wow! That’s amazing. I was born in 1959. We’ve probably seen more technological change in our lifetimes than occurred in the entire thousand years of the middle ages.

2 Likes

I can remember when I was like 3-6 or so and we only had a small black and white if we had one. I can still recall days without a tv which was good as I really read a lot!

1 Like

I thought Captain Kirk’s communicator was cool when I was a kid. Now the cell phone my kid has is way cooler than Kirk’s communicator. Everyone has a TV in their pocket. And a phone. And a camera. And a computer. And an interactive encyclopedia. Amazing.

3 Likes

Born in 1996…I already had one. Time is a fascinating thing.

1 Like

I remember watching Topo Gigio and Red Skelton and Bozo the Clown.

I’m so old that I remember when Gilligan’s Island and The Beverly Hillbillies were cutting edge TV, lol.

1 Like

I remember coming home from elementary school in the late 90’s and early 2000’s and watching TV at my mom’s apartment. Mostly stupid cartoons and the Disney channel. I thought her TV was big and never thought there would be big screen TVs like today.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.