First identified, treated for mi

When were you first given a diagnosis as mi, sz, sza, bp, etc, and/or medicated?

When I was 23 I was diagnosed as sz and started meds I went off meds for a few years and now I’m 28

1 Like

Myself, I was first headshrunk/diagnosed/medicated at 14. I was extremely antisocial, likely to snap out at no reason, violent, heavy drug user, extremely paranoid, voices, just a total wreck. They put me on Mellaril, which is an antipsychotic, kiddie Thorazine…that didn’t last long. Then Elavil, then Triavil, which was interesting, but no. Then nothing for many years coz I told them to get f**ked, eventually to social medicine, and the only thing my insurance would pay for was Stelazine, he wanted me on Seroquel but no, did the zombie shuffle for a little while then quit. On and on until Delaware, and thank God coz I wouldn’t have made it anywhere else. More morbid details if anybody cares let me know, I can roll out the 7 circles of hell for you anytime, you bet. :no_mouth:

2 Likes

Identified early 40’s. Prescribed haldol. Stopped taking haldol shortly thereafter. Became psychotic for about a year. Given Invega while hospitalized. Psychosis slowly faded.

I have since switched to Abilify and I am 48 years old now. Thats the short version.

1 Like
  1. I was 23 years old
1 Like

If I may intrude, why did you quit Haldol? I have Haldol 5mg PRN and so far no issues. Please let me know what to look out for. Thank you!

1 Like

Because I was paranoid about medication and it’s side effects. I was not on it long enough to actual get any long term effects. I just did not want to be on ANY meds at the time.

So, I really can’t offer much in the way of insight on Haldol, sorry.

1 Like

Not until 2018. I was 25. I’m 28 now

1 Like

I had a depressive break at 23 and walked away without meds. Went psychotic in 1999 at 29 and been medicated ever since.

First dx’d with psychotic depression at age 17 in 2014.

2 Likes

I went in my first psyche ward at age 19. From there I was put in a house for schizophrenics. So I guess I was schizophrenic. Spent a year there unmedicated. Then I got kicked out and ended up in a long term hospital where I was first put on medication.

2 Likes

I was 15, first treated for OCD and anxiety, but it graduated to schizophrenia very fast. Its been a long road, but I think I’m finally getting things worked out after 3 and an half years. Today I turned 19, and I’ve looked back to when I was catatonic, and say to myself, dang it’s been a road, but while it’s not even close to over, I am proud of my progress even after 2 other episodes.

1 Like

I was first diagnosed at age 27.
Now i am almost 32 (in 3 months)

I first took Lithium when I was 19 or 20 from my childhood Dr. I didn’t like the way it made me feel so I stopped taking it and got my own Dr. eventually. Every time a Dr. wanted to put me on something I switched to a new Dr. until I went into fulltime therapy in my late 30’s and finally decided to stick with meds treatment and get my bipolar under control. I didn’t get my sza diagnoses until I was 40.

Stated at 25. I’m now 36.

I got sick when I was 15. Started treatment immediately. I’m 27 now.

I attempted suicide at 16 years old. I was hospitalized and treated for depression and anxiety

Happy birthday :partying_face:!!!

1 Like

I enjoyed reading your story. Sometimes I think I have ASPD.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.