Feeling of nakedness

One of the oldest symptoms I’ve had is a feeling of nakedness, with my mind and with people seeing me. Like if I’m walking down the street everyone who sees me can see into my mind and knows how I’m feeling just by looking at me. This has been a big contributor to my anxiety. Has anyone felt like this?

2 Likes

I am less paranoid about this these days. I used to think people could read my mind and my intrusive thoughts would be vile and disturbing and it made me feel really uncomfortable as I though others could hear it and thought it was my thoughts. Used to make me feel very nervous around people.

I cope with it in public now by not making eye contact with anybody and by not going out unless necessary. It can be difficult, but it seems to work and I have been doing it for so long now it all seems to be in the background and it bothers me less.

Not trusting my own thoughts also helps. I use this to stop pondering on delusions and change my thoughts away from giving these sorts of things air-time. I get caught off-guard a lot, but I know now that my own mind cannot be trusted and I have to mentally derail myself when I start getting consumed by these things.

Something to look up my therapist showed me is ‘thinking errors’. There are lots of things there that help identify when your mind is making too much out of something or a situation.

Diagnosis probably has allowed these things to work. I never used to know there was anything wrong with me, but now I have done research on Sz, I am aware of these things and build up ways to cope so it bothers me less. I am not saying my methods are the healthiest ways but they seem to be effective for me.

2 Likes

you sound very unstable…please consult with a psychiatrist about how you feel? good luck.

1 Like

I’ve been this way for a while now though, over 2 years, even on meds it hasn’t taken it away.

I’m going to be starting college soon so I will need to be out doing stuff, I’ve been avoiding going outside and seeing people but soon I won’t be able to do that. I’ll see if Klonopin helps.

I feel completely naked inside and out. I think the whole world has seen all the internal and external flaws I have to offer. They have seen me physically and they know all my thoughts and mistakes. It bothers me. I feel it is unfair because others are allowed to have privacy and I’m not (Truman Show delusion) but I can’t do much about it. I stay mildly depressed over it and I am always paranoid. I also take my meds and go to therapy. My delusion stays strong though and ‘nakedness’ is part of it.

1 Like

I often feel that people can see I’m crazy, that I’m thinking deranged thoughts, that they can hear my thoughts etc. Yeah. It’s a very scary, vulnerable feeling. I don’t know how I deal everyday. Guess I just have to. I really just wish I could be alone more. I want to move somewhere more remote. I also have a hard time with feeling like I look like a walking dollar sign to all the people out in the world who want something from me. I hate how society makes us commodify each other. I don’t even have any money. I just want to sit quietly by a lake.

1 Like

Years ago, when I was more paranoid, I felt like people could “read me like an open book”. This condition made me very nervous and miserable. I told an E.R. doctor that people could read my mind like an open book, and she admitted me to the hospital. That’s when the floor doctor put me on Risperdal. And that’s when my life changed for the better.

1 Like