Feeling "effective"

I have been thinking about what makes me happy sometimes. I feel happy when I can accomplish something. It can be something to do with my business affairs. Or it can be reading a very powerful, interesting book. Or it can be shopping around and finding something I really want at a very good price.
I call this, “wanting to be effective.” I think it motivates others, too. However, some very bad things can be done in the name of wanting to be more effective. For example, violence.
So I have to work on this concept.
With sz, I often feel ineffective.

3 Likes

I find that people were obsessively dishonest about me, my whole life, because they did not want me to be successful and a lot of interference I couldn’t overcome created my current situation. I think if the causes of schizophrenia were being treated effectively, people would have their same abilities which become drastically reduced.

I can relate to that. I managed to get off tobacco, which helped me feel alot better. Sometimes just doing good at hobbies works too, or just finding better peace of mind.

@anon6551389 @BrianTex
Thank you for your replies. They add to the discussion. There are many things to wish for when we can be effective.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.