Feel like a man child

So I saw a forum member go off on someone for being a man child and it hit kind of close to home. I know I should have my life together but i don’t and I don’t know if I could handle living on my own. I’m just not stable enough yet and I still need to graduate from community college. I’m 29 so I know it’s getting close to time but I also don’t want to be alone. I don’t think I could take it. What do you guys think? Any other people still living with their parents here?

2 Likes

I live with my parents, but I spend most of the time in my room, doing some stuff in computer. I am 32.
I tried to stay independent, but with that type of salary was hard.
I am now looking for the bigger fish in the market.

1 Like

I don’t see anything wrong with living with family at any age. Especially if you have a good relationship with them. Why not.

2 Likes

My family is insufferable. And i couldnt imagine living back home

That post was flagged and hidden. It was abusive, but i can get the frustration that caused it. The OP was being very ungrateful and rude over his mother cooking “green food”.

I don’t see you posting ungrateful or childish things. So, big difference.

1 Like

I wouldn’t suggest living alone to anyone with sz. I have and it’s been almost unbearable most of the time. I’ve gotten by on masochism until recently. It really made me a believer in love for family and friends and never being alone even when alone. It’s an illusion we are ever alone, I read once. I feel better though now I’m not living with my dad or mom, but a group home is what a good world would have put me in.

I had a friend who lived with his parents until he was around 30. I had another who lived with her mom until 45. Some people have different lives than others.

When I used to slam people for living with their parents, I was mostly just envious that they had reliable parents in their lives. I tried living with my mom for a bit when I first got sick, and ended up living in my car instead because that was safer. I love my mom, and she tries her best at all times, but we have a much better relationship when I don’t look to her for support.

There are people who live rent free in other people’s houses and then do zero work on improving their situation, zero work on helping with the upkeep of the house, zero work on being a friendly and polite roommate. Those people, regardless of gender or relationship to the people they live with, can get frustrating to talk to. Usually, they don’t have a clear understanding of the work it takes to keep them housed and safe, and the people who do that work end up feeling unappreciated and taken advantage of. When I first moved out on my own, I behaved this way towards the friend who let me stay with them. I regret it now, because I now have a clear picture of just how much they went out of their way for me, and how ungrateful I was. I came from a home where we had random people living with us all the time, so it didn’t occur to me that it was actually lots of extra work to accommodate that.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.