Schizophrenia.com

Escapism- who participates in it?

Who here likes to escape reality, in ways like reading fiction, playing video games, watching lots of shows or movies, ect.? I dont mean escape reality like go sit by the lake or stargaze, I mean fill your head with different worlds, fictional characters, stuff like that. I catch myself doing it sometimes, I also have vivid lucid dreams and enjoy sleeping and napping too much. I am fully recovered and very highly functioning, psychosis is a thing of the past for me.

But I really am curious- I myself watched an entire TV series last weekend and I was just unable to stop, I woke up early and went to bed late watching it and napped during the day, and I used to be a hardcore online gamer. I am a competitive powerlifter and full time honors student today, so I dont exactly have time to do online gaming or watch that much stuff, but I do catch myself wishing that I could just sleep all day and enjoy my vivid dreams and I sometimes binge watch a TV series for a couple days straight.

It’s a way of life for me. I live in my head. Real life is more than I can process.

I do enjoy watching Game of Thrones - It is my escape from reality

I game a lot and watch tv. I hardly spend time in the real world and it’s a real challenge for me.

I read a lot of books and listen to music to escape.

Being married and a householder I wish I had more time to live in my head, read, surf online, and explore music. But I don’t, which probably helps me to stay as functional as I like to be anyway.

My living in my head keeps out music, reading, stuff on the web. I skim over things on this site. The thoughts I write or say aren’t experienced in my head.

I do like how you summed things up.[quote=“Twang, post:6, topic:5028”]

which probably helps me to stay as functional as I like to be anyway
[/quote]

I read sci-fi, fantasy, fiction and Steampunk all the time.

I put on my headphones, and pick up a book and get out of this world for a little while. It’s hard getting back in it once I’m out.