Easy beef vegetable soup

Start with a large soup pot. Fry 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey. Add 1 finely chopped onion and the finely chopped heart of celery. Sautee till the vegetables are soft. Add a can of tomato sauce, a can of petite diced tomatoes, 2 cans of mixed vegetables (rinsed), 12 cups of water, 10 beef bullion cubes and 1 1/2 cups of parboiled rice or small pasta. Bring to a boil then let simmer for an hour.

I actually prefer the soup without meat but I put it in there for the boys. Serve with biscuits or crackers and you have an easy and inexpensive meal that feeds an army and is so comforting when it’s cold outside or when someone is sick.

6 Likes

That looks yummy.

1 Like

For me it’s like reading Chinese with these pounds and cups, God bless the metric system. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds yummy! :yum:

1 Like

when you cook beef soup, the most critical ingredient is coriander. Cut it into powder and spread these coriander powders on the top of the finished soup. Corianders can’t stand high temperature , so don’t boil them. This my experience with beef coriander soup.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.