Dyspraxia associated with autistic traits in adulthood

Coordinated movements and successful interactions with other people are important for many activities. But are motor skills and social skills related? A large study carried out between researchers at Coventry University and the Autism Research Centre tried to find out. The research team, led by Dr Sarah Cassidy, compared the rates of dyspraxia in adults with and without autism spectrum conditions (ASC). The team also took measurements of social skills and empathy, to see if adults who had a diagnosis of dyspraxia, but not ASC, have social difficulties that mirror those experienced by adults with ASC.

I have never been diagnosed with dyspraxia but recently came in to possession of correspondence between my prep school headmaster and public school headmaster. My prep school headmaster described me as not very well coordinated ,and having difficulty with writing and drawing especially geometrical drawing.
A report for the purpose of disability benefits a couple of years ago described me as having very poor social skills.