Don't Be Too Quick to Praise This New Treatment

1 Like

This is my take on Open Dialogue Treatment in Finland.

If talk therapy was enough to bring a person out of psychosis, then people with schizophrenia would not have been locked up in mental institutions in the 1940s. I bring this up because antipsychotics were not yet discovered in the 1940s, whereas psychotherapy was in use at the time.

1 Like

I suppose that some might argue that talk therapy has improved since the 1940s.

Yeah ive heard rumors that psychosis can go seay on its own but when you take antipsychotics, since your antagonizing the dopamine receptors, the dopamine receptor then as a result expands, which means schizophrenia will be more pernament. Dont know how true that is.

@Treter - You know you’re commenting on a thread that is 9 years old right?

1 Like

Typically, we like to leave inactive threads alone and just start a new thread instead. This is different than how some forums are run, but we do it this way because it frequently upsets users to have old topics revived when they are no longer relevant. It can also be frustrating to the person who revived the thread when they don’t get a reply, because the original poster is no longer active or no longer finds the topic relevant. Feel free to start a new thread on this topic.

Thanks,

Volunteer Moderator

1 Like