Does facebook make your life better or worse? Do you still have it?

I have some sort of resentment towards fb-like sites. Quote from HN which I liked: “D. The networks present a false sense of reality which lowers happiness. Everyone always posts their highlight reel which makes you feel like the whole world is killing it constantly and you aren’t.”

1 Like

I deactivated my FB last week. FB has changed a lot compared to the “old” times. Several years back it was nice to kill time and everyone posted random stuff… Now there’s a ‘rule’ that you may only post something if you graduate, get married, have a kid etc.

Weird thing though, when I deactivated my account last week, this week my positive symptoms appeared out of the blue and had a psychotic experience. Don’t know what to make of it…

i know you all hate it but i actually love it, i only accept friends and family i trust and i love sharing all my accomplishments as well as songs and pics, i find it to be of great benefit to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

I deleted them all, normies made me feel anxious and uncomfortable, this is my schizobook! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Slightly better. But I have no RL friends on it. No family as I have half as much family as most with no dad. Mostly people I know online from a different forum. Kind of meh.

I mean, my friends aren’t meh. But my experience is.

The fake profiles that are probably to get my personal information or something suck.

It’s been around three years since I deactivated my Facebook I don’t remember if I deleted it or deactivated it but it felt like a burden was lifted off my shoulders. I used to post highlights of my life traveling, modeling and acting pictures etc until I got diagnosed with Schizophrenia and I began to examine my life a little more carefully. Basically being schizophrenic made me grow up and mature a lot. It was tough but being in the struggle makes you look at life very differently.

Another reason I deleted my Facebook is because me posting highlights of life all the time made a lot of people not like me. I also would try to reach out to a lot of people trying to be friends but it seemed that nothing came out of so I just kept it for years and once in a while I would get tagged in pictures here and there. I had a very active social life and don’t reach out to people as much anymore even though I have friends I still talk to.

I also realized that social media is a huge distraction and a complete waste of time. It’s a constant d!ck measuring/pissing contest which doesn’t benefit anyone. The only reason anyone even needs to use social media is for business use or to promote some product that’s about the only reason I see the purpose for social media however there are people who have made it a career out of it but those are the rare exceptions.

FB makes me feel more alone. It makes me feel sad knowing I’ll never have a good job or a nice family or lots of friends.

FB reminds me of what everyone else has and I don’t.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.