Schizophrenia.com

Does anybody struggle with being lonely

Hm sounds like it got boring cos u weren’t doing much.

I will actually be cleaning so will be preoccupied

Really wanna listen to music but it’s not officially allowed. Boohoo.

2 Likes

They won’t let you listen to music? That’s pretty lame. :unicorn::unicorn::unicorn:

1 Like

This is why I go to bed early most evenings.

You can only get so much stimulation from the computer

2 Likes

Almost never. 15151515

They do actually have a reason it is to do with hygiene cos mp3 players get very dirty.

Idk. It is annoying lol

1 Like

Yep. I sat in a chair all night reading newspapers and stuff. After 8pm visiting hours were over so at night the only people I screened were the occasional staff member coming in for their shift.

The only night that had something memorable was a guy came in at about 2am with a stab wound and had blood all over his shirt while I was working in the emergency department entrance.

2 Likes

I feel like one of the loneliest people in the world. I’m in total darkness, separated from everyone. I have not had face to face conversation since I was in the hospital in March. Funny thing, I went to the hospital because I thought it would be better than being alone and it wasn’t, the screaming, the lack of freedom, etc. was very, very difficult. All the cashiers in my area know me and I know their names. I have family out of state I talk to and a egghead friend, like me, I talk to every once in a while. All my appointments are virtual with mental health professionals. I’ll catch the bus next month and have an actual visit with my GP. My library is open and I go now and then. I get very angry sometimes but luckily I’ve not disturbed the peace in a few years. I worry about being bad in my building and getting kicked out. Management came to my door this morning for a building code inspection and my apartment was dirty but they don’t demand much. I’m on a waiting list for in person group therapy. One day I’ll go to an AA meeting, which I really hate. There is a clubhouse for mentally ill a bus ride away in another town I need to inquire about. I get by. Things will change. Nighttime I am loneliest and I like to go to sleep early if my sleep disorder lets me.

1 Like

Oh yeah, one other thing. Me and bunch of other screeners were bored one night so we lined up a bunch of wheelchairs and had wheelchair races. They caught it on the security camera footage and we got a talking to by the CEO of the hospital, lol :man_in_manual_wheelchair: :manual_wheelchair: :woman_in_manual_wheelchair:

2 Likes

Omg you guys are a naughty bunch lol

1 Like

Now that shows some Ingenuity LOL

2 Likes

When I was young, in my teens through my 40’s, I used to get desperately lonely. But after I got confirmed, at age 45, and grew close to my Higher Power, I never felt lonely again. I am now almost 62.