Do you smile and laugh often?

I didn’t take life too seriously before falling ill. I’d smile often and laugh at just about anything; I had a great sense of humor. Now I have to really work to smile and laugh – I don’t naturally find things funny anymore.

5 Likes

Maybe watch some stand up comedy. I laugh pretty often and when I’m out I try to smile at others.

1 Like

i use to have blunt effect from meds but after i changed med it got better.

3 Likes

Your on amisulpiride right?

1 Like

i laugh from time to time

2 Likes

Does forced, awkward, or nervous laughter count?

In day treatment we talk about ways to increase serotonin and norepinephrine and dopamine and serotonin. Won’t get into the details but things like sunlight, going to the ocean, eating dark chocolate, listening to music, and exercise helps you feel happiness. I hiked two times in 3 days and suddenly I feel my mood improving like a clear day after many days of clouds. Just a walk every day is not enough for me. I find caring about your mental or physical health helps. Eat healthy, take a nap when you need it, drink a tea, go out to garden or play ball or talk to people. Being happy all the time doesn’t come as naturally as it used to. But it is there.

1 Like

It seems a few of us can go mute in social settings and sometimes not even be able to answer questions.

What do you feel inside when you go mute?

I feel others in my body I think and it can be intense and hysterical and I do not feel like myself and body stiffens tensens to feel awful physically aswell.

It feels so awful and I seem to get that way mainly around some people and can not stand it.

I laugh inappropriately sometimes or for seemingly no reason or dark …

I feel very uncomfortable and negative whenever I get extremely anxious and becoming mute.Its a feeling I hope no want experience

I hope I don’t experience,but two weeks ago I did

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.