Do you have social anxiety?

I have social phobia, and I have social anxiety. I have a hunch that everybody with sz has social anxiety.

8 Likes

Yes always have been anxious around people.

2 Likes

I used to have it a lot. Now it’s better. Sometimes I even start relaxing when I start talking to someone.

2 Likes

I have terrible social anxiety. It is really mentally exhausting.

Coffee doesn’t really help it as my heart is already on adrenaline from anxiety.

Yes

15151514 Complete sentence

I’ve had social anxiety since junior high because of bullies. I didn’t have it before then because I never realized I was being bullied before that

1 Like

Yes, lots of anxiety, especially around strangers

Yea college classes are a nightmare for me but around people I know friends/family I’m fine.

I used to have really bad social anxiety as a teenager. If i had to give an oral presentation at school, i would freeze and start hyperventilating. However, over the years and after dealing with people all the time, i really don’t have a problem with social anxiety anymore. Sure i still get a little anxious, but i wouldn’t call it a real problem.s

Through all of my youth I had social anxiety but I haven’t had any during the last 10 years. After getting on Seroquel I don’t recognize my surroundings. There might be people who don’t talk positively about me but I just don’t sense it. I also have problems with recalling faces so I don’t know if I face friend or foo.

1 Like

I have social anxiety pretty bad, but for some reason, it’s worse around people I know (excluding immediate family). Old friends, for instance, I have very bad social anxiety around.

1 Like

Social Anxiety? Lol, your preaching to the choir mate.

The only time i wasnt - was when i had a few drinkys. Hence being a recovering piss-artist lol.

I still break out in a sweat when im shopping, so its done at 6am when no-ones about.

1 Like

I get anxious when talking to people I don’t know well. I tend to read into body language and tone of voice too much and it can get awkward, and worry about my own too much.

I get by in public if no-one is talking to me though, in fact I feel a great amount of anonymity in large crowds of people I have no previous contact with.

2 Likes

I did but Pregabalin helped me massively

3 Likes

I do but my fluvoxamine helps with it. It’s a med I have used before in my teens so hopefully it will last for a while more since it is maxed already.

1 Like

I have social anxiety too. I act weird when I’m nervous so I don’t make new friends easily

2 Likes

Yes. I think you’ve asked this before if I am right.

Social anxiety is bad because it’s like you are in an invisible cage.

It feels like I am trapped

I did, but it disappeared with the arrival of schizophrenia, and that brought along worse feelings instead.

No, I don’t have social anxiety. I used to have anxiety a long time ago, I was agoraphobic for a few years, but not anymore.

1 Like