Do you have Intrusive thoughts?

I’m beginning to think the voice I’m hearing is just constant intrusive thoughts. The voices of others have been wiped out by a med. I’ll have to talk to my pdoc about this on Tuesday.

Do you have intrusive thoughts? What are they like for you?

2 Likes

Intrusive thoughts for me are just sudden thoughts, in my head that I dont want. Like I could be driving down the road and I might start thinking about what it would be like to plow into the next big tree that I see.
My voices were always clearly outside my head like two people were standing behind me or around a corner, just talking.

3 Likes

I don’t have them as much anymore because I immediately divert my attention away from them…but it still happens once in a while…sorry you have that.

1 Like

Yes, they are always negative, mocking me. Trying to get me to slip up. When I have had bouts of doing well for a long time they seem to quiet down and be less since there is nothing negative they can feed on.

1 Like

Mine are little a twitter storm seeking to participant within a converted hate crime.
I guess it’s like this for most of us.

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to me @BigBlue @Sherlock
@jukebox @Mr_Hope.

4 Likes

When unwell mine are intrusive and obsessive thoughts about people being out to the me.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @bobbilly.

Ever heard or become aware of revenge via a proxy.

I finally really listened to my voice. It talks in the first person. Like it’s me talking to me. So, it turns out it’s a voice and not an intrusive thought.

1 Like

I have intrusive thoughts. They usually revolve around self-criticism.

My therapist and I talked about types of self defeating thinking and how to address them. It’s been helpful. If anyone struggles with that stuff I recommend googling “types of self defeating thinking”.

I think voices are intrusive too. Maybe not technically thoughts, tho.

I hope the voices calm down for you :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks @cathart1c.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.