Do you ever feel locked out of Life?

I’m having a bad day. I’ve been looking back at the past years and projecting it forward, and it’s disheartening.

It makes me feel like a Planet knocked out of the orbit of its star, floating further and further away into space.

It’s as though Life is just beyond my reach. It shouldn’t be this way. I am smart, tall, good looking, now even in shape. I’m easy to be around. Yet it feels like nowhere has a place for me that I want to be in and like I can’t connect with anyone.

It’s not a good feeling knowing I haven’t bonded with anyone in years. Knowing an empty day follows another empty day. Every day I work on myself hoping that when Life will actually give me a chance I’ll have procured for myself the best odds, but there’s never a chance. There’s only more nothing ahead.

Having no prospects in Life sucks. I feel like I’m waiting for someone to come around and invite me to join them in living. But they never come. My invitation to Life got Lost in the mail.

I know all the platitudes about making your own way in Life but Truth of the matter as I’ve said is that it feels like nowhere has a place for me that I want to be in and so I have nowhere to reach and nothing to strive towards, only more waiting for… Whatever.

Am I the only one here who feels locked out of life not because of some symptom or condition but purely because Life doesn’t seem to have a place for me?

3 Likes

Why try to just fit in when you were born to be amazing? :wink:

3 Likes

Never wait for an invitation to someone else’s party. Have your own and make them come to you.

1 Like

No, ofcourse you are not alone. I’m not living much either because of insomnia. It’s like every other day it’s just about making it through the day until I can try to sleep again. And then there’s the meds ofcourse. Most people who take AP’s are struggling.

But we can’t give up. Try to make the best of things we have a say in :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve felt like that very strongly in the past. I’ve gotten to where I am content now, but it took a long time to get this way. Be careful about “working on yourself”. That was what I did, and I missed all the job opportunities. I’m 65, and sometimes I have regrets, and sometimes I don’t. If you get out and look for a job you can learn all the do’s and don’ts of job hunting. If you’re ambitious you can put in extra hours and look for things that might need to be done in the workplace. You’re more likely to meet people like that. Personally, I’ve found things in my old age that keep me content.

1 Like

My whole entire problem in life came from literally, three stupid mistakes I made at age 16
To think I could’ve been perfectly normal is like sand sitting through my fingers