Do you buy books or ebooks?

Ahaha! Years ago I purchased the Shades of Grey Trilogy. I think those are the only books I didn’t send to my mom’s kindle, not so much because of the erotic content but because of the awful writing.

The funny thing is that I was only able to get through part of the first book myself, because the books were written so poorly, I just couldn’t stand the cringe-worthy literary style. :smile:

I purchase mainly Scandinavian mysteries and my mom regularly complains about that genre but then she reads the books faster than I can and I have to keep reminding her to not to give away the ending of books she’s read because I often haven’t read them yet.

2 Likes

I mainly just buy paper books, but I do read a couple books on my phone. I don’t know, I guess I just like the feel of an actual paper book better. Additionally, I listen to audiobooks from audible.

1 Like

I buy the odd eBook, no longer purchase physical books. Tired of storing and moving them.

1 Like

I buy eBooks from Google, or real books from Amazon

1 Like

I buy both. I get most of my books on my phone but if I really like a book and want a copy to share, or go to a used book store I will get something physical

1 Like

I listen to audiobooks

3 Likes

LS! My house is full with books. I buy Ebooks and physical books. The last physical book I bought is “De Testofactor” by Pim Christiaans. A health book about the male sex hormone testosteron.

1 Like

I just moved to digital with a kindle paperwhite. Really happy I did and it’s so much easier to read in bed than a traditional book. I’ve had the kindle less than a week and have bought 3 book already.

2 Likes

I only buy printed books. I love print. I love the look and smell of print on paper and hard or paperback books. Nothing like them. And I love owning the physical book itself.

1 Like

I read kindle until I realized I was inadvertently supporting Amazon instead of my many independently owned local bookstores. Now I buy physical books or check them out of the library.

Please do not promote pirating or copywrite infringement on this website. It is against site policy and is illegal.

1 Like

For me I came back from America not wanting clutter or possessions. I’ve been trying to read more but I don’t need another box of books. It’s all about minimalism for me and a decent electronic medium is perfect for this old soul.

It’s actually very user friendly and I’m enjoying it. And I now own 4 books. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t read very often. But I prefer hard copies of books. I am thinking of starting reading the Horus Heresy. Not an easy read. But should be interesting.

Here is a pic of our book shelf. Some books are mine and some are my partners.

2 Likes

I always try to get ebooks as I have contamination OCD issues so I fear dirt on books as others might have touched it with dirty hands and books can’t be washed. So in order to use physical books I need to wash my hands with soap water after each use so that I not contaminate other things.

1 Like

I get books I prefer to have a nice collection that I can be proud of not that my collection is big at all atm.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.