Do people that don't have schizophrenia shower everyday

I also showered every morning before sz. Right now I am showering almost every night.

5 Likes

Showering feels good, the water and soap and getting clean and getting into clean clothes afterwards, a real pick me up. I don’t do it every day, my skin is dry from the medicine, I think.

1 Like

I did shower everyday before sz. A friend said that he showers everyday. Showers do help me how I feel I just can’t get myself more than once a week into the shower.

1 Like

I used to shower every second or third day. Now I shower once a 1½ week. I’m disgusted by myself.

2 Likes

I showered every day a long time ago, but since I came to an assisted living center I have been showering once or twice a week. I don’t think I smell bad. I hope not. If people start saying I smell bad I will shower more often.

1 Like

My family showers every other day. I use to bathe everyday b4 sz but the sound of the water made my voices worse

1 Like

I had the same issue. Sound of running water made my voices worse.

1 Like

i shower on wednesday and take a bath on sunday.

2 Likes

I can Not shower daily. I never have. I use to shower every other day, now its twice a week. And when my negative symptoms are severe, i go a week to 10 days between showers. My delusions tell me that showering makes me More dirty. That something is wrong with the water and it contaminates me. My husband does not suffer from any mental illness and he usually showers every other day. Sometimes two days in a row, but not often. Im getting anxiety just talking about it now!

I shoot for every other day as long as I don’t sweat. Usually after time on the treadmill.

I used to be much worse. What helped me was fiancee getting a Bluetooth speaker for the shower. For whatever reason, which I’m thankful, the music keeps the voices down. I don’t pick up on them like I do when it’s just the sound of the water.

Helped reduce the paranoia and anxiety around the whole ritual.

1 Like

I shower every day. I like to feel clean.

1 Like

I shower every day despite the illness. I read about negative symptoms, so I push myself to shower every day so that I don’t get lazy and get negative symptoms.
Likewise, I go to an office 6 out of 7 days a week, work on my trading ideas. I wake up early every day to enter my trades. I try to exercise every day for an hour. Life is simple and monotonous, but I fear the negatives, and try to do the best I can while I don’t have them.

1 Like

I used to shower everyday now it’s every 2 weeks basically

1 Like

I aim for a shower every Wednesday and a bath every Sunday. And I wash my hair on the shower days.

3 Likes

I take baths mostly once or twice a day. I rarely shower but I’m clean

2 Likes

I’ve always been sick. As a teen I would shower maybe once a week.

Now I do it every other day, and feel gross if I don’t.

What helped me was set specific days and times I HAVE to do it.
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. Within the first hour of waking up.
Sometimes I do sunday or monday as well, but they’re not mandatory.

I showered way less when I didn’t leave the house regularly.
I figured “no one’s gonna see or smell me, what’s the point?”
But I feel way less gross about myself when I don’t have greasy hair and a questionable smell.

3 Likes

Usually twice a day over here. However, I heard from my mom that some normies shower 3-4 times around here.

2 Likes

I shower about every three days.

2 Likes

I love showering but at present i have limited time to do so. I hate baths they waste too much water. In some ways I feel bathtubs should just be make for Epson salt relaxation, and a nice hot shower is perfect way to massage and healthiest way to clean ones body.

1 Like

Keeping a regular routine helps me maintain my recovery and level of function. My mind doesn’t take long to slip after my regular routine slips. I try to be careful about daily grooming, exercise, etc.

2 Likes