Do any of you want others to know you are schizophrenic?

i just try and be myself (without the sz) its not an act but more of a trying my best to be normal kind of attitude but i dont let it bother me, i tell close friends and people that need to know and thats it really, the people that will understand and wont judge me.

1 Like

Very well said @Flybottle… especially I like that part about the role models an pride. As I have already mentioned in one of the posts, my sister has some mental health issues (mainly huge social anxiety which affects her progress at school and has had already one suicidal attempt. It is somehow in borders now after meds prescription and therapy). She seems very depressed because of that. I didn’t refer to her but talked a lot about myself to her about how I feel after diagnose. I told her about not wanting to acknowledge that, denial for many years, but just recently I told her that actually this is “my” thing, which makes me somehow special, gives me wider insight into life and more understanding and sympathy for other people. She replied it’s very brave for me to see it that way. And that one day she would like to see her problems from the same angle. “Everything what’s humanly is not unfamiliar to me…” (J. Kochanowski). Our life tragedies make us more human… thank you for your post. Be proud :blush: ps. Maybe we do one day sz parade, heh…

2 Likes

that’s actually happened to me as well @Minnii! One of my friends fell in love with me after my first episode cause as he said only great brains suffer with this illness and he was very impressed that I got that! Hahaha… so sometimes stigma is not that bad :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I would love a sz pride parade! How would you dress up? I went as Alex from a Clockwork Orange to the carnaval once… not sure whether that’d be a good choice for a sz parade :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ps. Current partner and the one I have just written about are not the same guy btw. To the one I referred to in my previous post I explained that what he thinks re special power of sz is just a fib as any other misconception about that illness. But don’t think he believed me. Still writing to me emails with lots of admiration :wink:

Hahaha that’s brilliant choice! I was thinking more about the flight over cuckoo nest kind of thing :sweat_smile:

1 Like

no… i’m too afraid of their reaction or making them feel uncomfortable or perhaps being ignored for it… a few friends have ignored me … i;m not telling my new friend. i will try to act as normal as possible.

I believe @ramen they weren’t true friends then. I think it’s good that they left. they don’t deserve you…

1 Like

Sorry @raen stupid autocorrection…

1 Like

Where are you from @Lara?

Poland. What about you?

1 Like

Portugal :smile:

1 Like

I have been there. lovely country with lovely people cooking lovely food :blush: I don’t remember what city I went to though. Sth starting with “s” I believe…

1 Like

Sintra? Santarem? :smile: Sines?

No wait! It was Porto! Starting with “s” heh…:wink:

1 Like

Lol!!! Yeah, were you here long ago?

About 8/9 yrs ago… just for a few days at spring time. I remember some celebrations, with cannons, soldiers and stuff. Had a great time, definitely would like to get back there one day…

1 Like

Porto is a beautiful city indeed. I live in Lisbon :smile:

Uuuuuuuu… city girl/boy(?)… :blush: is it nice there? I have heard very good reviews…

City girl! Yeah, it is. Quiet and welcoming.

1 Like