Did you learn any new skill post diagnosis?

I played D@D in high school. Well we mostly hung out. But we played sometimes.

I remember those now. Those figurines were cool.

Mindfulness.

And active listening lol

1 Like

I’m ashamed to say I didn’t learn any new skills since I was diagnosed. Unless you count learning how to use an android phone.

2 Likes

Reconnected to the guitar and using a cell phone.

2 Likes

Since my first hospitalisation I have learnt to drive and got a license.

I failed many times and the voices said they would make sure I never get my license but eventually after many many years I finally got it.:metal:t5:

I learnt to knit basic stitch which took months to learn because I was so messed up.

I learnt to ride my bike independently to many places in Sweden.Anders taught me.

I learnt to drive independently to some places.

I got my aged care certificate and completed it just after surviving cancer.

I learnt to sew a bag but I need help and constant instruction and support.

I learnt to crewchette a blanket.

My x in SA taught me lots of things.

I learnt the person I am and want to be .

I learnt how badly animals are treated and how bad it is for the environment that we eat animals the way we do so I am on a vegan diet.

I learnt how to say NO.
I may not aaaalways be able to say it but I’m getting there and have improved.
Not as much of a pushover.

I have learnt that the best sex does not mean the best partner and that the one you love most can be asexual with.

I learnt what it feels like to be happy as I was so happy with my x in sa.
Unfortunately he won’t take me back but I left to become vegan , give my horse a better home and because the mice were killed on glue traps and he denies climate change.
It was perfect with him but I wanted to be another person.a person who cares for animals and environment by their actions .

I learnt what getting tattood feels like.

I learnt to be sober .

2 Likes

Went water-skiing for the first time.

1 Like

Also learned how to drive a forklift when I worked unloading trucks at Sears.

2 Likes

IDK if this counts but I overcame my fear of roller coasters.

1 Like

I’m slowly learning that the pdocs in the medical system in my town don’t give a f**k and I basically do the research of side effects and med interactions and make decisions for my self and my health.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.