Did you ever refusee to take a benzo

yeah great short acting drugs that help with anxiety and moving into sleep!

Pros and cons.

Cons. Addictive but you have a serious mental illness. You do the math on that one as it depends on how you use them.

Had a grand mal coming off of xanax once and that really sucked balls. Woke up in an ambulance with no idea how I got there…and I wasn’t on that much.

It gives and it takes. Use them sparingly and they are an absolute savoir for anxiety.

Eat them regularly and it’s akin to being a junky!

What works for you…

Rogueone.

did you ever take any higher doses for more serious times so to speak?

I think that I did go higher than 0.5mg but rarely.

I feel so stupid i was taking 4 mg a day

2 gram pills i just chowed them they made me feel great

Im stopping it now. i actually freaked out

1 Like

Don’t feel stupid, Benzos are very addictive.
It’s easy to go off track with them when it comes to dosing.

hey,

I took 1mg but would do more a day! I’d think like four a day…

Don’t get into it and it’s a good choice…you do better off them and there’s strategies to learn that will help you better with dealing with stuff.

They have a really good place for some sufferers but if you can build you life without them it’s so much better!

Rogueone.

I don’t like benzos.especially klonopin.I’ve been taking them for five years at 0.5 a tab. I don’t abuse it because I don’t like the way they make me feel. I can go without them.

hey,

Titrate down. ie take a little less every day.

Our meds can lower the seizure threshold…it’s not much fun having a grand mal.

Take a little less every day and come off slowly…it really is the way to go with every psych med.

They still have their place and help a lot of folks…they just can be addictive for sure.

A friend in the struggle,

Rogueone.

Keep an eye out for withdrawals. Mine was tinnitus that started with a buzzing then morphed into music and noises

1 Like

I refused! Though I took Valium

Only med I ever really said “I can’t take this crap anymore!!” Was when I was in rehab and I said “NO MORE CLOZARIL”. After I slept 20 hours a day and ate the other 4.

I wish i could sleep forever