Covid 19 Part 5

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

DW – Focus on Europe
Sniffer dogs in Finland test for COVID-19

“At the Finnish Helsinki Airport, dogs are successfully sniffing out whether travelers are infected with COVID-19. Their accuracy is almost 100 percent, and Finland wants to expand its use of them.”

5 Likes

That is so cool @Moonbeam. Why aren’t we all doing this???

4 Likes
2 Likes

Here in Belgium infection rates are dropping again. I think we’re over the peak of the second wave.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Pfizers’ vaccine. Does it give protection for a year or lifetime? Sorry if this is a stupid question but does anyone know?

2 Likes

A capitalist pharmaceutical company isn’t going to design a vaccine that lasts a lifetime if they can possibly avoid it.

Nice if it did though, but my cynicism has no bounds. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Nobody knows how long any vaccine protection will last unfortunately. It should last at least 6 months but you’ll probably have to get a jab every year.

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

Well at least this COVID-19 has not been a completely negative thing for me. No I have not been hit with COVID-19, but my hands, after all this washing and sterilizing, look much better.

The hand sterilizer that I use, has a side effect. Unlike other sanitizers, as a side effect it causes an increase in the skin moisture, rather than cause drying of the skin. The active ingredient, BZT (Benzethonium chloride), is the key.

1 Like